Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

That is why it is called hunting.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

I'm working on it I will be back out Monday and Tuesday and see where it goes from there.
Kidoggy I live in NW Florida where most of my shots are going to be within 50 yards.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe try some Challenge Barks,Coyotes don't like it when another stray Coyote is in their Territory.Pretty soon it will be the Breeding Season (Late Dec,Jan/Feb) and Female Invitation Sounds are good to use.Using a Climbing Stand to see out further is a good idea,I do a lot of my Coyote Hunting from a ladder stand and it gives Me a big advantage to seeing further out and my scent is higher off the ground.I've been wanting to buy myself a light weight aluminum Climber and use it to Hunt on land I don't have any ladder stands on and to sneak in and be higher off the ground to have the upper edge on the Coyotes,Bobcats and Foxes!
Old 12-05-2015, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had by far the best results with baiting. The best results were cold weather and a half ton of Horse stall cleanup (straw and horse apples) on top of a pile of dumpster leavings from a Kentucky Fried Chicken dumpster.

The Horse manure starts to cook and sends out a scent cone for miles. Chicken scent seems to be a favorite.

Check for legality in your area.

I've had by far the best results with a Mouse squeak call. Next best wounded Rabbit.

I've found when they are out on the hunt they often visit the same brush piles over and over, likely to be high mouse populations there. They may actually make a beaten path between the spots with high mouse populations, I call it making the rounds.

Open up dried Coyote scat and look at all the Mouse bones in there.