Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Red fox woes

Old 10-14-2003, 07:34 AM

Default Red fox woes

I have a red fox digging under my deck and around the foundation of my house. It chewed a hole in the lattice and has excavated a bunch of dirt from both sides of the deck and mounded it up around a hole under the deck. For about 15' on either side of the deck, the dirt at the foundation of the house is caving in from the tunnels he has dug.

I think it' s kind of cool having a fox around; seeing and being around wildlife is one of the reasons I live where I do, but this is getting ridiculous. It seems I have 4 options... live with it, shoot it, trap it or call in a local branch of tree-huggers to trap & relocate it. I hate tree huggers and would personally rather have a fox hide for my cabin.

Could this be a female building a den for the winter? If so, so should I look forward to having a family of fox in the spring?
Old 10-14-2003, 04:11 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Red fox woes

Could be a female or a male setting up shop. Fox don' t breed until February, likely just setting up winter quarters. They are fairly easy to trap, I would go that route.
Old 10-19-2003, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

whack em and mount it
Old 10-20-2003, 10:50 AM

I would trap him and move him or shot it and have a hide for the cabin[X(].

they are easy to trap,just get a live trap and put some fishey cat food in it and you got him.

fox move there den when it gets infested with fleas or mites.[:@]so you need to do what ever you gonna do A.S.A.P. or you will have fleas under your deck.

good luck.