Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Rabbit Hunting Strategy??

Old 03-06-2014, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

You can also as my pup reminded me this morning find their feeding area by looking for bushes with the bark peels off at the level of snow and a bit higher. Of course mice do the same thing but don't leave those big tracks.

Al
Old 04-29-2014, 12:54 AM
Typical Buck

I have used beagles for a very long time and I can assure you that there is nothing as effective as a well trained dog for hunting rabbits. They do take a bit of time and effort, but the ends certainly justify the means. If you are absolutely dead set on getting rabbits without dogs, go look for any rabbit sign you can find, i.e. trails, scat pellets, bark chewing remnants on small bushes and shrubbery, etc. and focus your efforts in those areas. Controlling the predator population would be quite adventageous to increasing your local rabbit populations and they are also quite a trophy to take. Anyway, get out either before light or in the evening just as the light starts to fade and sit by the edges of shorter vegetation like grass and the thicker stuff such as briars and brush. They like to come out to feed around those times. A .22 is ideal for this type of setup. Hope it helps. BB
Old 05-19-2014, 11:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 02-01-2015, 12:06 PM
Spike

id find where they were feeding early in morning and evening and wait on them to hop out in clearing with trusty .22. they are alot like deer and will come into clearing to feed especially in evening time.