Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Should I stop shootin them

Old 01-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

In my defense I was shooting downhill into a block, but I agree its not a great idea. I was merely trying to sight in a new bow out to 20 yards.... it just shows how picky jurisdictions can be.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Man that is some BS if you can't even practice with your bow in your own backyard as long as there is no chance of an arrow getting off the property.
"No chance" is a pretty big assumption. I let my buddy shoot my bow once. (His first time ever). He drew back with the arrow pointing up in the air and accidentally released my arrow at a 45 degree angle down range before I could even explain to him ow to shoot the thing. That would have to be a pretty big city lot to have "no chance" of it leaving the property.

Where I live, you can't discharge anything. Not even a slingshot. (That's another story about how I found that out).

If I had new neighbors move in and the first thing they are doing is shooting animals in the backyard my first thought would be "great,....hillbillies......"
Old 01-13-2013, 04:51 PM
Fork Horn

Lol well I am kind of a hill billy I'm from sand mountain Alabama for anyone who might know where that is
Old 01-13-2013, 08:47 PM
Spike

Go with snares in discrete places. I was catching quite a few squirrels out of my backyard this way before I moved back to the country where I can shoot as I damn well please. Just be careful about snares on the top rail of fences. The squirrels can chew the hell out of a fence plank and it looks like hell from the other (neighbors) side.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lots of rules out there. Research. If legal to proceed end of story.
If not end of story, minus the legal methods.