Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Drizzle don't stop him

Old 03-23-2012, 04:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Drizzle don't stop him

But the 243 did

This morning at the edge of daylight I slipped out for a set before heading to a good friend wifes service. Thought I would stay close to home so just up the road I start out across a small field. The wind was still but a drizzle was falling as soon as I get to the setup point " Figures"

I get the caller setup and move back to a tree and angle towards the tightest shooting area in front of the setup and grab the Pup open reed from the Quaker Boy Howler pack and thought I would start the set with a light jack rabbit.

I blow the call for like 30 seconds and catch movement out of the left side and Holly Hanna A yote is running right towards me. I swing with the 243 and he catches the movement and stops and POW !
All said and done, A male down and one less to harass the neighborhood animals and deer.

A fast hunt, but I did find it to warm to move and the drizzle soon changed to a little harder fall, so I packed it in just happy for the time I got this morning.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congratulations !

Good shootin & very nice looking dog................keep up the good work !!!

Love the smile :-)
Old 03-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Spike

Wow nice yote that's some good shooting.
jr97
Old 05-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

that's a good size yote. nice shot!
Old 05-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

THIS CALLS FOR A VICTORY DANCE!!
hell yeah another one bites the dust