Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
picked up a used gamo hunter extreme last night-wow! >

picked up a used gamo hunter extreme last night-wow!

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

picked up a used gamo hunter extreme last night-wow!

Old 02-14-2011, 07:08 AM
Typical Buck

Default picked up a used gamo hunter extreme last night-wow!

ive only gotten to test fire it, but holy cow this thing hits like a ton of bricks. Supposed to shoot the pba pellets at 1650 fps. This is the rifle you see them shoot the 200 lbs feral pigs with on their website and drop em. I cant wait to go after squirrel this season
Old 04-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Spike

congrats & good luck on the upcoming season
Old 04-25-2011, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea those ain't your daddy's air rifle. the air rifles they have now are awsome and a lot more accurate
Old 04-26-2011, 06:03 AM
Typical Buck

yeah im having trouble getting this thing to group. I did some searching and found a guy who makes a better trigger for these guns, so i bought one, just havent installed it yet. Im hoping thats the problem.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:00 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by scottycoyote
yeah im having trouble getting this thing to group. I did some searching and found a guy who makes a better trigger for these guns, so i bought one, just havent installed it yet. Im hoping thats the problem.

Give us an update?

When you say won't group how far off is it?
Old 05-30-2011, 11:40 PM
Typical Buck

Air rifles can be thrown off by the way you hold them as well. make sure everything is staying consistant. Good luck with your new critter-gitter. I love my Gamo Big Cat 1200
Old 05-31-2011, 01:57 PM
Typical Buck

yeah now that ive read up on air rifles i do realise the way i was shooting the rife probably wasnt good....im going to go back with a sandbag setup for next time. I havent had a chance to change out the trigger, im thinking that will help too. Been crazy busy with work but as soon as i get a chance ill post the updates.