Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
what are the laws for hunting coyotes in illinois? >

what are the laws for hunting coyotes in illinois?

Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

what are the laws for hunting coyotes in illinois?

Old 12-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Spike

Default what are the laws for hunting coyotes in illinois?

I would like to go hunting for coyote hunting in illinois but idk what i need? could i hunt coyotes with a mini 14 and do i need a permit? if so then what type and how do i get one? and one last thing do i need tags for coyotes?? i know i am asking alot and im not expecting all the answers but if you could then i would be greatful. :mrgreen:
Old 12-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you a resident or non-resident of Illinois? Either way, you will just need a regular hunting license and habitat stamp.

Second, yes you can use the mini-14, but I would use ballistic tip ammo for they don't skip like the heavier ammo does from the .223 for the houses are so close is why they won't let us use HP rifles to hunt deer with.

Third, no you don't need tags for 'yotes, just plenty of ammo and a place to go!!!! What part of Il are you plannning to hunt?
Old 12-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by SecondChance
Are you a resident or non-resident of Illinois? Either way, you will just need a regular hunting license and habitat stamp.

Second, yes you can use the mini-14, but I would use ballistic tip ammo for they don't skip like the heavier ammo does from the .223 for the houses are so close is why they won't let us use HP rifles to hunt deer with.

Third, no you don't need tags for 'yotes, just plenty of ammo and a place to go!!!! What part of Il are you plannning to hunt?
i dont know anyone but i want to go to public hunting lands like silver springs or anyplace close to there. if you know some place that has alot of coyotes then let me know and yes i am a resident
Old 12-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say that with you being in the proximity of Chicago and areas, you may have a hard time finding a place to hunt.
I used to work in Chicago for 5 years and know what you are dealing with. The best thing you can do is go out to the local farmers and start door knocking and see what that gets you. I know there is some public hunting areas up there, but don't know where they are. I used to goose hunt up there, but was only with some of the locals that I worked with who had family who owned property. That and talk with the local Game Wardens and see what they can point you to.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by SecondChance
I would say that with you being in the proximity of Chicago and areas, you may have a hard time finding a place to hunt.
I used to work in Chicago for 5 years and know what you are dealing with. The best thing you can do is go out to the local farmers and start door knocking and see what that gets you. I know there is some public hunting areas up there, but don't know where they are. I used to goose hunt up there, but was only with some of the locals that I worked with who had family who owned property. That and talk with the local Game Wardens and see what they can point you to.
thank you. you have been a big help
Old 12-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default Coyotes

You can't hunt Silver Springs with a rifle. I don't think you can shoot coyotes there unless they changed it in the last few years. Your best bet would be to go west in Kendal Co. and farther and start asking for permission. Don't tell them you are a beginner, because you will probably get a lot more no answers than yes anyway. Good Luck.

Originally Posted by tindell9
i dont know anyone but i want to go to public hunting lands like silver springs or anyplace close to there. if you know some place that has alot of coyotes then let me know and yes i am a resident
Old 12-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by jrfrmn
You can't hunt Silver Springs with a rifle. I don't think you can shoot coyotes there unless they changed it in the last few years. Your best bet would be to go west in Kendal Co. and farther and start asking for permission. Don't tell them you are a beginner, because you will probably get a lot more no answers than yes anyway. Good Luck.
http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/landmgt...R2hfs/slsp.htm

it says coyote hunting here and i live in kendall county thats cool thanks
Old 11-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Spike

If anyone interested I have 5 acres in Will County ane coyotes are a serius problem would love to have some one hunt them
Old 11-09-2012, 01:39 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by breeze12
If anyone interested I have 5 acres in Will County ane coyotes are a serius problem would love to have some one hunt them
Very interested in hunting ur property for coyotes wat can I do
Old 11-21-2012, 09:38 PM
Spike

Default Hunting on your land.

Hi my name is Chris I am from Woodstock an really interested in hunting your property.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.