Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Holy Crap...I Got One!!!

Old 09-22-2010, 04:46 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by worstcaster
Here is a quick and easy recipe if cooking squirrel for one.

Place whole cleaned squirrel on aluminum foil. Add some corn or any other vegetables you like. Cover with salsa. Fold over foil to make a tight packet. Place in preheated oven at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. The moisture in the salsa will steam cook the veges tables and meat. It will also self baste the meat keeping it moist and tender.
Tried this last night, with an added twist of my own, and it was awesome!
Old 09-22-2010, 11:03 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by craig
best way to get the skin off a squirrel easy to to skin him the moment he hits the ground. Carry him around for a hour or more while you continue to hunt makes for a MUCH harder job of it.

Once they start to cool out and stiffen it's a tough row to hoe.........
Not sure if this is just a rumor or what, but isn't it possible to get rabies from skinning a squirrel (or any other wild animal) right away?