Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Getting into small game hunting..

Old 08-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

H&R single shot 12 ga.Super cheap.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Typical Buck

Getting into smallgame is the best decision you will make in your life ;-)
Old 08-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Spike

Thanks guys! Now that I'm seeing the prices on somea these, I'll go with a read gun!

I think I may go with a shot gun, because I'd like to do birds too.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:28 AM
Fork Horn

check wing supply.com for camo and other hunting needs
Old 08-14-2010, 07:14 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by shoot'emdead
Thanks guys! Now that I'm seeing the prices on somea these, I'll go with a read gun!

I think I may go with a shot gun, because I'd like to do birds too.
Best decision you can make Shoot'emdead. Here in Florida it is illegal to hunt with airguns. I love small game hunting, specially squirrels. I use a shotgun. Depending on where you live go to a Bass Pro Shops. They are running a lot of good deals on 22 rifles and shotguns until Aug 22 (2010 Hunting Classic). Last week I bough a Remington 870 express Youth 20 gauge for my 11 year old and it is an awesome shotgun. Mine is a 12 gauge and bought it for $225.00 new which is only a little bit more than a good air gun and legal for any type of game.

Enjoy your small game hunting...
Old 08-14-2010, 01:05 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by LoloBond
Best decision you can make Shoot'emdead. Here in Florida it is illegal to hunt with airguns. I love small game hunting, specially squirrels. I use a shotgun. Depending on where you live go to a Bass Pro Shops. They are running a lot of good deals on 22 rifles and shotguns until Aug 22 (2010 Hunting Classic). Last week I bough a Remington 870 express Youth 20 gauge for my 11 year old and it is an awesome shotgun. Mine is a 12 gauge and bought it for $225.00 new which is only a little bit more than a good air gun and legal for any type of game.

Enjoy your small game hunting...
Cool!! Thanks much Lolo. Didn't know about the law about air rifles. So I'll be getting a real gun FOR SURE I wont get a gun soon, so the hunting classic is a no go for me. Gander is 10 minutes away from my place, so I'll check stuff out there as well. I go to down bass pro after christmas, so I'll check stuff out there!
Old 08-14-2010, 01:23 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by rlpsystems
check wing supply.com for camo and other hunting needs
Hey thanks for the link, I checked it out a they've got great prices. I can get a long Sleeve ****, pants, gloves, 2 different squirrel calls for around 50 bucks!! Talk about savings!!