Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
Where are the best places to hunt yotes? >

Where are the best places to hunt yotes?

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Where are the best places to hunt yotes?

Old 03-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Typical Buck

Question Where are the best places to hunt yotes?

I live In UT so we dont have wide open farm land we have hills and trees, what is the best setup for this kinda terrain?
Old 03-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

this is a tough one to answer without seeing what the terrain looks like. could you provide any pictures of the spots you're trying to call them in from? if you have tight thick patches of bushes, you might want to invest in a decoy or make one yourself(very easy). hills can be a good thing. if you have some open terrain, set up on the top of the hill, but not at the very top. maybe like 3/4's of the way up. if you sit at the very top, the outline of your body will show on the horizon and you're screwed if they see you.

if you can, set up on the hill like i said before in a spot you can see all around you, but try and sit up against a bush so it covers behind you. if you can, sit IN a bush. call out in front and keep a careful eye out. you'll probably see a coyote hauling ass towards you from hundreds of yards away depending on the terrain out there. just make sure the wind is in your favor and make sure you use shadow as extra cover if possible. good luck man
Old 03-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Look for those yotes to be around grazing aminals and a good water source. The thick cover is where they hold up during the day.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan
Look for those yotes to be around grazing aminals and a good water source. The thick cover is where they hold up during the day.
Ok there is about 200 hundred sheep that are up here should I call in that area?
Old 03-04-2010, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

The thick cover is where they hold up during the day.
Not always....there is ZERO thick cover where I call coyotes, but yet I kill a bunch every winter.
Coyotes love muttun, so yes, if there are sheep around, there will be coyotes around.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

You answered your own question.

Camo from head to toe, remain motionless, call softly..........get ready !
Old 03-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Typical Buck

Ok I am gonna try your guys advice today. Wish me luck!