Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

where are the crow hunters?

Old 01-28-2010, 03:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default where are the crow hunters?

anybody on here crow hunt? and how big do yall get into it? i started around 8 years ago with my uncle and have had allot of fun with it. we started with mouth calls and had good luck. in the last few years we switched to electronic calls and decoys and started really wearing them out.i have noticed they can get perty smart after they have been called a few times. i would like to see some pics if yall have any?
Old 01-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

During the summer i kill 4 or 5.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:30 AM
Spike

Default Crowbuster

You may want to put a post like this on crowbuster.com.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

i hunt crows. i have 2 dozen decoys and use my fox pro call combined with mouth calls. i have some pics il try and dig up later.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:30 PM
Spike

we drop alot of crows in missouri
i have also noticed that it does not take long for them to figure out what your up to so we like to mix up the calls.
Redtail hawk, baby rabbit, owl hoot, crow death cry and gathering.We'll use around two dozen decoys,sometimes toss an owl decoy in the mix. The electronic calls are nice. you dont have to stop calling when you shoot and you dont have to blow a call all day.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Have hunted crows off and on over the years but finally broke down and bought a Foxpro call and have been having a ball with em the few times we've gotten out this winter. We'll be out after em again next week.

Stop over at crowbusters.com for lots of good info!
Old 02-01-2010, 01:19 AM
Spike

Just out of curiosity... I wonder what was this big-game hunter's plan was for picking up the dead crows? I mean, not like they would form a line and fall dead on behind the other in an orderly fashion.

I ask, because while working at a hospital here in ***an, a man brought a dead crow and asked the E.R. staff to do an autopsy on the bird to see why there were many others outside near the roadside.

Believe it or not, we had to keep it in a freezer until the proper authorities were able to respond. But, in the meantime we had to gather the rotting carcases.

I would be one angry neighbor if I had to pick up dead birds this idiot actually did kill
Old 02-01-2010, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

haha, i have never used that many decoys before. only around 6. do they seem to come in a little closer when you use 2 doz.?