Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

ohio hunters??

Old 01-14-2010, 07:49 AM
Spike

Default ohio hunters??

are there any yote hunters here around the southern ohio area?? maybe we could get together and do some yote hunting.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm in southwest Ohio just north of Dayton. Don't do much of any hunting here in Ohio, but would love to get in on some coyote hunting or whatever other small game hunting folks would like to do.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

I hear that the coyote population is highly increasing in southern ohio....more of meigs county. Do you have any truth to that?
Old 01-15-2010, 08:49 PM
Typical Buck

yea, got em where in hunt too, all 88 counties in ohio have them....lets blast away these yotes
Old 01-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by KCbuckeye22
I hear that the coyote population is highly increasing in southern ohio....more of meigs county. Do you have any truth to that?
it has seemed to be increasing the past several years but they still aren't as highly populated in my area as i'd like them to be..haha..still tough hunting around here. but yes ohio is getting a good yote population.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

I,m in Columbus and I'm trying to find some places around here to get after em. I have a ton of equiptment but I am still learning. I haven't shot one yet but I think this is my year. Last year was my first year hunting them. Spent most of that time figuring out what calls I liked. I finally went with the FX 3 and an assortment of mouth calls. Still ironing out the FX3. I hear they are getting bad in London OH. They just had a segment in the news about Westerville having dogs attacked by yotes.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:14 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by standsleeper
I,m in Columbus and I'm trying to find some places around here to get after em. I have a ton of equiptment but I am still learning. I haven't shot one yet but I think this is my year. Last year was my first year hunting them. Spent most of that time figuring out what calls I liked. I finally went with the FX 3 and an assortment of mouth calls. Still ironing out the FX3. I hear they are getting bad in London OH. They just had a segment in the news about Westerville having dogs attacked by yotes.
if they are attacking pets then they are getting pretty bad. where i hunt they aren't that bad yet. but i figure the longer i go w/o killin them the higher the population will get.haha