Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

WI wolf population management

Old 10-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default WI wolf population management

Hey....this is for one of my natural resource classes and was jw if any1 had some info. for me!

I need to read/find articles involving if wolf harvesting should be used as a management practice in Wisconsin.

Doesn't matter if the articles are pro or con......

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 10-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think we should have a wolf season no doubt! There is just way to many of them up here in Northern Wisconsin. neighbors dog has been taken down this past week... so ya take them out!
Old 10-17-2009, 01:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wolf management via "harvesting" has been going on in N. Minnesota for eons. Populations of them are ever increasing and new legislature has been approved to allocate a gob of money to reimburse farmers for their stock predation. Albeit the bushwacker style of "management" of them here would be considered controversial at the least, illegal to be exact, vie se' vie people who are tired of having them around. Their SSS methods have long since been in use way before any legislator knew they existed.