Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
Tagged my Wolf yesterday in Idaho's Hunt!! >

Tagged my Wolf yesterday in Idaho's Hunt!!

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Tagged my Wolf yesterday in Idaho's Hunt!!

Old 09-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Robert,

Great job and appreciate the details on the hunt................very exciting hunt I'm sure.

Let's face it, the anti's don't have a clue !

Hunters are the leaders in conservation.....................you did good !!!

Grand Pa would be proud, I'm sure.

Last edited by Sheridan; 09-03-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Spike

Great hunt Robert. some media reported that you said the pack hung around awhile after the kill. is that a fact. if so , man that must a been nerve rackin. cool hunt and thanks for helping control the wolf pop. we here in oregon praise you for that.

and by the way, thanks for the lead to the new forum,and hello to all from central oregon
Old 09-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the feedback guys..here are a couple answers to your questions, yes the pack hung around and howled around me the whole time I dealt with the pics and the packout...very exciting to say the least, my 686 S&W .357 was my security blanket...my name hit the press due to the check in process with the Fish and Game...they asked to call the local paper, and I didn't think anything of it at the time (I was dog tired...) next thing I know every media outlet in the country is calling me...but I am not going to hide, not my style not my upbringing.....
Old 09-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Spike

wow, that must of been crazy, with the rest of the pack hanging around. too bad you didn't get the hunt on video, that would of stirred up them crazy's even worse, i'd think. cool hunt and pic's. thanks for sharing them.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats man, I'm jealous. Thanks for sharing and keep standing your ground. The fact of the matter is that we, the hunters, do more for the health and sustanablity of wildlife than any of those PETA types could ever dream about.

I'll be interested to see what the total number of the wolf take is by the end of the season. I'll bet that the "limit" isn't reached! They're only allowing 250 wolves to be taken this season, correct?
Old 09-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Howler only 220 wolve in Idaho
Old 09-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Spike

millagerobert

I just joined these forums because I seen you are part of them.

I would like to say CONGRATS!!! On the very first kill!!!

I read the news articles about people bad mouthing and making you a poster boy as some kind of bad guy for legally killing a wolf. I googled your named and was very surprised to find a craigslist ad telling people to call you and email you with your contact info in it. People are freaking crazy. I reported the post and it was taken down but it will probably be back up again soon.

Gratz on your kill wish I was going after a wolf this year but way to busy.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

way to go Robert. Sounds like you had an awesome hunt. Perhaps, with this new found publicity, you can run for governor...Thank you peta...lol

Bareback:
So go sit on it.
you always did remind me of Fonzie, there BJ
Old 09-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

and I get all the chicks.
The fonzarella
Old 09-03-2009, 05:08 PM
Spike

Congrats on the harvest robert hang in there with those tree huggers its hard to
fight ignorance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.