Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Rossi guns?????

Old 05-08-2003, 08:43 PM

Default Rossi guns?????

i was just looking through a fleet farm catalog today and notticed a gun made by Rossi and was wondering if anyone has heard of these guns before because i havent. its a 223 single shot rifle much like the NEF guns for 159$ its a little cheap so im wondering if this gun is junk or not!!?? anyone ever hear of them?
Old 05-09-2003, 07:08 AM

Default RE: Rossi guns?????

Rossi is an import firearm from Brazil I think. I have handled a few of their guns logging them in and out of our inventory books and was not all that impressed. I never saw a 22lr or any of the centerfire rifle calibers but I looked at the 12ga, 20ga, and .410. They also sell a shotgun/rifle combo. Such as one receiver with a .410 and a 22lr. Great for a youngster. They are just a step down from the NEF and are not too much cheaper than an NEF and in my opinion, I would rather have an NEF. Rossi is just a cheap import gun made to give a cheaper option to introductory shooters/hunters.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:33 AM

I thought thats what the responce was going to be, i never even heard of those guns before! thanks for the info
Old 05-09-2003, 11:58 AM

no problem
Old 05-09-2003, 01:29 PM

they supposidle make good leveraction rifles though i havent used one myself. paco kelly has written some on the 454casull rossi i think over at gunblast.com
Old 05-15-2003, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a Rossi .410 youth model for my son' s first gun and it serves that purpose very well. It is " cheap" in that it is made of inexpensive materials (the stock is inexpensive wood, for example). But it is NOT cheap in the area of functionality or safety. It is well-constructed, safe and reliable. I' d say Rossi makes a good utility gun. In other words, it will never be a family heirloom, but it will get the job done.
Old 05-18-2003, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

I have a stainless steel Rossi in .44 magnum. A lever action copy of Winchester.
I' d say functional, accurate and adequate for what I use it for.
The finish is vey basic e.g. The edges are sharp, the action in noisy/clunky and not real smooth to operate.
However it performs well and was priced accordingly.
Made in Brazil.