Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Coyote live trap

Old 01-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Coyote live trap

Anybody here live trap yotes?

I live on 6 acres in farmland/woods. I have one neighbor that lives between myself and where the yotes tend to run...so when I call them, they are running from his house to my land and shooting them is often unsafe.

Leg holds aren't perfect because of the number of dogs in my area...mine included.

I would like to live trap them and have been looking into buying a live trap. Looking for info.

Thanks!
Old 01-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Coyote live trap

Pro line, you considered snaring them?
Old 01-11-2009, 09:22 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I'm not aware of one that is made for yotes. You'll never get a coyote to go in a live trap.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mez, they got livetraps for em but the catch rates dismal with em from what Ive been told and as you stated, theyre very hard to get into one.If you got lots of dogs you could also try legholds meant for livetrapping them, they got rubber covers on the jaws I think that wont bust a dogs leg up to bad.

When I said snare I may have meant cable restraint, I get the two confused but I believe the restraints got a relaxing lock on it that wont choke a dog or yote out for that matter.This doesnt always work though, if they tangle in something theres still the chance for a dead dog in a restraint.You want to set them up away from other objects and use a swivel on them to help minimize the possibility of accidental kills on non target species.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

The amish just north of me trap them in cage traps. I've seen their sets..but they don't divulge much info on what they do.