Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

quick tips on yotes

Old 01-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Spike

Default quick tips on yotes

im going coyote/fox hunting this saturday and well im looking for some last minute tips, I heard something about using fox urine and i have an electronic call that you could set up 20 yards away and use the remote from your set up...any tips????
Old 01-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: quick tips on yotes

sneak in and use the wind to your advantage,if you dont score in 30 minutes move on,most coyotes only take a few minutes to respond if not a few seconds,I killed one coyote that took over an hour to respond in the last 11 years,I only called that long trying to get a rare bobcat here in KY,if you have a good cover scent it may help you but play the wind and be able to see downwind for a good ways,and be still they will pick you out if you move.enjoy the hunt and all the other critters that will come to your call,hawks,owls and crows and cats.Good Luck!!
Old 01-02-2009, 06:40 AM
Typical Buck

AS Coyote #68 said play the wind you can also do what is called misting to help you out. Spray coyote urine and fox urine in the wind and do so every 15 mintues. The urines float down wind and if picked up by predatorswill make them think another predator is in the area. I also use the criter made by mojo I put boarder crossing scents rabbit cover scent on it and have killed 3 red foxes with this set up. Good Hunting.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

Yea take a guy like bowanna03 with you he is a maniac and loves chasing coyotes down.