Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

help with conibear

Old 12-21-2008, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: help with conibear

Something tells me you have no idea of the trapping regulations.
Sammy, he asked a simple question about setting conibears, he never mentioned any illegal activity, I see grown men on other sites I goto asking the same question all the time, perhaps youd like a link so you can go accuse them of poaching as well

People like you are why kids dont ask questions then you can complain as well when they start screwing things up and getting hurt.If you have nothing constructive to add to the actual question that was asked why bother posting anything at all much less interrogating him?

Old 12-21-2008, 11:02 AM

ORIGINAL: petasux

Something tells me you have no idea of the trapping regulations.
Sammy, he asked a simple question about setting conibears, he never mentioned any illegal activity, I see grown men on other sites I goto asking the same question all the time, perhaps youd like a link so you can go accuse them of poaching as well

People like you are why kids dont ask questions then you can complain as well when they start screwing things up and getting hurt.If you have nothing constructive to add to the actual question that was asked why bother posting anything at all much less interrogating him?
[quote]ORIGINAL: marlin30/30_drabe

im learning to trap im starting on muskrats
quote]

i have one 110 conibear trap a family friend gave me i am trying get into trapping i have a few spots for muskrat is anything else i could use it for also how would i set it up
Pay attention to detail petsuck. Looks like he plans on setting it to me for live animals. But your the reason why kids get in trouble. Because you don't look after them enough to m,ake sure they know what is right and what is wrong. I am not a member of other sites and those grown men you speak of,well they are not children and don't need guidance as the younger ones do. Your mother let you play with knives when you was little I bet.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

So he wants to know the best way to set the trap without getting in it.

He wants to know the limits of ther trap as far as what animals its good for.

And he wants to know if anyone will share some details of sets he can make with the trap.

Yeah, sounds like a real irresponsible kid doesnt he wanting to know how to trap safely, responsibly and humanely as possible.But then Im sure you knew everything there was to know before you ever set a trap out right?Its called learning, look it up, you might be suprised that everyone began learning these things at one time or another, hell, I still learn new things every time I go out, that make me a poacher to?
Old 12-21-2008, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck marlin30/30!
Old 12-21-2008, 12:48 PM

ORIGINAL: petasux

So he wants to know the best way to set the trap without getting in it.

He wants to know the limits of ther trap as far as what animals its good for.

And he wants to know if anyone will share some details of sets he can make with the trap.

Yeah, sounds like a real irresponsible kid doesnt he wanting to know how to trap safely, responsibly and humanely as possible.But then Im sure you knew everything there was to know before you ever set a trap out right?Its called learning, look it up, you might be suprised that everyone began learning these things at one time or another, hell, I still learn new things every time I go out, that make me a poacher to?
Like I said, Pay attention to detail from his writtings. He has not took a trappers course or has his trapping license. If he did then he would know about body grip traps. It is to late in season to take the test for the trappers license I would think. So I do not think he was talking about next years trapping season when wanting to trap muskrats or other animals. Pay attention to detail.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would like to suggest putting the trap aside. Find a local trapper in your area who would let you go with him and learn. I know this might not be what you want to hear but in the long run you will be way ahead. He can teach you how to set traps. how to place them so you catch game. How to properly handle the fur you get. Where to sell it and all the laws of safe and ethical trapping. good luck.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: sammy_tat

You encourage illegal activities for youngsters? Good way to get him started by not knowing the regs or if a license is needed or not. Guess it doesn't matter if it is illegal or not,just let him have fun you say.
He lives in NY lets see what it says?

You need to take a trappers education course before you can purchase a license.

Good way for him to start out. Just let him have fun. You wouldn't mind if he went out shooting deer in your area without a license as long as he is having fun I guess.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/wildlife_pdf/08guidecont.pdf
i know i donthave my licesne but there are none of my traps set in the bush youdont have to be a jerk
Old 12-21-2008, 07:10 PM

These forums are great learning tools, places to share information and experiences, but it seems the more popular the site gets and more member, the more bashing and argueing you see. I used to enjoy this site a lot, butlately I visit others because this type of argueing doesn't seem to be nearly as frequent. Some posts, from the beginning you know what's going to happen and how its going to turn out. This post isn't nearly as bad as some, like the poor hit posts, but it makes me wonder what good tearing someone apart does? All it does it deter people from seeking information or turn them off of the outdoor sports we love. I wonder sometimes how conversations that take place on these forums would go in person, when there are consequences for our actions. If what you're posting isn't constructive, why post?
Old 12-21-2008, 07:12 PM

Wow, what are you from PETA Sammy? Why dont you just give him a break and help teach him the right way before you assume many things about a person you have never met? You really need to work on your people skills, How would anybody ever learn if they didnt ask questions, yea questions started the scientific revolution which is most likly the reason that we have technology to bash kids that want to learn over the internet. Thanks for makeing me get pissed jerk.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:56 PM
Fork Horn

you know what. if i was a kid trying to get trapping advice on here and someone did me like that i wiouldnt ever come back. Marlin 30/30 if you want a real good place to learn where people wont jump on ya come to trapperman.com its all trap talk. also there are some very well known trapppers on that site that regularly give pointers.

Quick Reply: help with conibear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.