Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Big Yote Down (my first)

Old 12-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Big Yote Down (my first)

Sammy, why do you care anyway?

Pics prove it bassman! 58 pounds huh? Looks more like 59 to me

Once again congrats on the awesome yote, I wish we had them that big down here
Old 12-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Fork Horn

Either way... Thats a big dang coyote.. You can see it in his face... that sucker would and I bet has killed quite a few deer in its day... Let alone, the little things the like...

Mike
www.purepredator.com
Pure Predator Custom Calls
Old 12-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

He, thats a thought.... Cross breeding...
Old 12-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Spike

Bassman- Congrats! A very nice yote! Don't let him get to you they get that big and bigger sometimes.

We get a few that size ourselves every year here in orthern WI. Crossbreeds maybe perhaps. I could post a link to a thread where a guy swears that never happens.LOL Some people just love to argue.

Got my eye on bringing down a monster we have running around here. Twice the SOB came in with his pack on my dog during the bear training season. Both times he got run out of the area only to be right back. The first time I got the best look at him. Managed to get in front of the dogs as they came to a draw. COuld have unloaded and reloded to do it again. 2 of my dogs were right on his butt. He was bigger than both of them. The smaller of the 2 weighs 54lbs, and the 2nd weighs 60lbs. That's a big yote!!!!

Keep up your calling them. You will get better over time. They are very smart. The slightest movement and you are busted. If you ever get the chance try running them with a good pack of hounds. It's a blast. We spend most of the winter chasing them around.

Your friend in hunting,

Steve
Old 12-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ntcbassman

ok... i just got an email from the guy who has it. he's going to take measurements and yes the scale is certified.

This still will not be good enough for sammytat the trophy coyote hunter.

Congrats on the yote bassman! Very large dog for sure.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:18 PM

not a problem guys. i bet sammy is a serious yote hunter. i know some guys who have devoted their lives to catching double digit bass so when someone throws a claim around. "hey i know a guy who caught a 10lber" they want PROOF!! these are NOT bad guys, infact i admire them for having the passion to be out there in good, bad, horrendous conditions for that trophy. they have a number 10lbs which is to them theholy grail of bass fishing and they are not going to let just anyone spout offthey orsomeone they know say "caught a 10lber" without calling them out on it. personally its not thatimportant to me. (10lb bass) although it wouldbe nice or a 60lb yote. ill take this guy (beginners luck no doubt) but on a negative note i have no deer in the freezer yet,and as much as i admire them i willNOT EAT YOTE

no hard feelings at all guys .
Old 12-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with the congrats being in order but wanting them this size I do not think so.. They kill alot of deer up here every year and we would surely love to send them some place else.

real thick yote. weighed in @ 58lbs. he will make a very nice wall mount rug
It is not uncommon to get these coyotes in that range of wieght up here, so yesI think your coyote wieghed in at that. I had one posted up on here last year of yote wieghing in at 78 lbs. I know some wouldn't believe it and it was caught by a friends son trapping. It was believe by the biologists that it was 80 percent wolf. The Eastern coyote is part wolf making them a hybrid killing machine that takes a quite a few deer up here. There has been a couple documented records of them taking down small moose as well as a four point moose. These are not the same as the western counter parts.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

These are not the same as the western counter parts.
And one can see this very clearly, not just by size, butby all the color variations that are found east of the Mississippi. Not near the color variation out west.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:48 PM

no doubt. in this spot im hunting im seeing some deer track (acually a very big buck track) but way too many yote track.

Be careful what you wish for
Old 12-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ntcbassman, my hat's off to you in the way you've handled yourself; well done! And congrats on the super yote!!

Quick Reply: Big Yote Down (my first)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.