Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Bow/Coyete

Old 11-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Spike

Default Bow/Coyete

Hey i have a question for all you coyete hunters out there. Do u guys thinka 25lb bow would kill a coyete?
Old 11-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bow/Coyete

I would say yes at close range to 15yards or so with a good sharp broadhead,preferably a cut on contact like the magnus stinger,as far as recovering them you will probably lose some and if you are a good shot and get them broadside and lung shot them you will probably shoot through them,my 45# recurve will go through a coyote easily if you dont hit the shoulder,you will do a lot better from a treestand or blind so they cant see you draw,it is very hard to move your gun enough to get on them sometimes when they are close.Use a good broadhead and you can kill them I think.I have seen them run off after having been shot with a deer rifle so you will lose some,just let them get close and dont take anything less than perfect shots,if you do this you can score.Good luck and good hunting.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:09 AM
Spike

Default RE: Bow/Coyete

K thanks for the the information. I just don't have the money right now to go out and buya better compound bow, but i wanna hunt coyete's this fall and winter. Goodluck to you to!