Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Minaska Outdoor Inc

Old 10-16-2008, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Minaska Outdoor Inc

Just a heads up if any of you are thinking about buying a predator call from Minaska Outdoor. I placed an order with them on August 19th 2008 and as of October 16th they have not shipped my product. They charged the full amount to my credit card on August 19th 2008 ($600).They have never returned my phone calls nor have they answered or acknowleged any of my emails.

So, please do not purchase from them. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's had this problem with them. I've contacted the Nebraska Attorney General and their Consumer Fraud division is looking into it.

Get their product from a dealer or on Ebay and avoid dealing directly with them if at all possible.

Good luck
Old 10-16-2008, 03:00 PM

Default RE: Minaska Outdoor Inc fraud

Casey,

I just talked to your dad again today. We have been in contact with him since you placed the order? Just like I emailed himyou will be receiving tracking information tomorrow on your M1/Sidewinder combo order. I am sorry for the delay and I can promise you that we have done everything we possibly could to get our circuit boards in as quickly as possible. They will start shipping out tomorrow. I thank you for your patients.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds more like a case of "impatience" than fraud to me. Nothing new that a company charges your credit card at the time of order, and often times things that are out of a companys control prevent them from deliverying thier product as fast as the customer wants, and as fast as the company would like.

Always two sides to a story, BUT here it sounds like you need to talk to your dad more often, as apparently he has been contacted by Minaska at least a couple of times.

Just a guess, but did Minaska "promise" your unit by a certain date? And if so, when they couldn't meet that "promise", did they contact your dad and apparently you didn't get the message that there was hold up? Just a possibility!
Old 10-16-2008, 06:52 PM

Either way its not very professional of them to charge his credit card and not even ship the caller.....Im sure there is something else they couldve done.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Howler

Sounds more like a case of "impatience" than fraud to me. Nothing new that a company charges your credit card at the time of order, and often times things that are out of a companys control prevent them from deliverying thier product as fast as the customer wants, and as fast as the company would like.

Always two sides to a story, BUT here it sounds like you need to talk to your dad more often, as apparently he has been contacted by Minaska at least a couple of times.

Just a guess, but did Minaska "promise" your unit by a certain date? And if so, when they couldn't meet that "promise", did they contact your dad and apparently you didn't get the message that there was hold up? Just a possibility!
First of all:
I was given a specific time frame in which I was told my product would ship to me. Specifically 8-10 days or "a couple of weeks".

It's prefectly reasonable that, after nearly 60 days after my order and payment, and zero communication that I would wonder if they were even still in buisness.

Which leads me to my next point: I placed the order, my credit card was charged.....I'm the one you talk to.

There was no communication on their end. I called, he called, I emailed regarding the status of the order.

No one answered the phone when I called and my emails were not answered.

This is not acceptable to me.

I understand delays happen, however, when you've been holding my money for 60 days with no notification to me, I don't know what a reasonable person would expect.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: minaskasteve

Casey,

I just talked to your dad again today. We have been in contact with him since you placed the order? Just like I emailed himyou will be receiving tracking information tomorrow on your M1/Sidewinder combo order. I am sorry for the delay and I can promise you that we have done everything we possibly could to get our circuit boards in as quickly as possible. They will start shipping out tomorrow. I thank you for your patients.
I'm pleased to see that you appear to be taking the necessary steps to resolve this matter. I'm looking forward to recieving my order.

I'm disappointed that it took something like this for you to communicate to me what was going on.

Obviously situations like this are not fun for anyone.

The last thing I want is a hassle, and having to spend extra time and energy tracking down my order.

I called and no one answered. No one returned my calls. No one responded to my emails regarding the status of my order.

My credit card is charged, I never recieve my order, an explanation, or even an update after nearly 2 months, regardless of my efforts to find out the status of my order.

I'm sure you can see where I"m coming from.

Not acceptable.

Once I recieve the order and everything appears to be satisfactory, I will consider this matter closed.

Thank you.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

A company should not charge your credit card when they know they can not ship your order. As a matter of fact, they should have contacted the buyer before they ship a product 2 months later. Unless the buyer specifically said to ship back orders. And that does not sound like the case. My guess is they just did not want to loose an order. Thanks for the heads up. I was just getting ready to order one, but was torn between the Minaska and the FoxPro. Your post made up my mind. Tom.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

SO, just curious, do you live under the same roof as your dad? Apparently, since that's the phone number and Email address that they had for your contact? IF that's not the case, why are they contacting him, and not you!!

It sounds like they had no reason not to beleive that they would be able to deliver your caller on time, so why not charge your card at the time of the order. SO then they had problems getting a circuit board from one of their contractors? Apparently? Just guessing here, that thier circuit board makers were probably promising the baords by a certain date, and they failed to deliver?
BUT again, I'm curious as to why they would contact your dad unless you live under the same roof and your dad failed to tell you that they had indeed been trying to be in contact with you about your order!!
Old 10-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

I can see charging a CC for a "special" order.Something that is being made specific for a customer like a barrel or aftermarket stock. A caller on the other hand...

This thread still leaves some unanswered questions, like those of Howler's.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why did the company come on here and reply to your post? How did they know to come here?

Quick Reply: Minaska Outdoor Inc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.