Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

I swear.. no squirrels in Wisconsin

Old 10-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default I swear.. no squirrels in Wisconsin

maybe i am not going to the right places? anyone from WI wanna shine some light on me? Went out for the past 2 weeks and NONE! Saw a few there and there but never got a good shot at them
Old 10-14-2008, 02:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I swear.. no squirrels in Wisconsin

what part of wisconsin you from?
Old 10-14-2008, 08:13 AM
Typical Buck

I wish we had that problem here in TN.We are absolutly covered up with them.Every year same old same old.Seems like every time you go out you see 10 15 squirrels when your deer hunting.I guess its because nobody hunts them anymore.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:46 AM

squirrel season opened monday here so i went out yesterday and they were everywhere i killed 4 and could have easily gotten the limit but im lazy and didnt want to skin anymore than 4 haha.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:17 PM

I know its no help to you, but im sick of all the squirrels i see while in my stand....cuz the thing is, im not out there for squirrels, im out there for whitetails... Everytime i go out i have at least 4 different squirrels within sight at all times - and they make sooooooo much noise
Old 10-23-2008, 10:03 PM
Typical Buck

We dont have as many as normal here in the last two years due to bad nut crops in 06&07 but they should be back next year the trees are loaded this year.and big buck hunter22 I enjoy watching them while waiting on old mossyhorns,they are just telling the deer that everything is alright in the woods and keeping some of his keen senses off of you,just recall how many deer that you heard before they were within sight range,propably not as many as the ones that sneaked in and were visible when you glanced there way.I have sometimes heard them grunt before I saw them or heard them walking,but if they are sneaking in you wont hear them.God made squirrels to irritate deer hunters until they learn to appreciate them as a cover up of their mistakes.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:22 PM
Fork Horn

south eastern part of wisconsin around milwaukee. i usually hunt like 50-60 miles west of the milwaukee area

ORIGINAL: hurley0816

what part of wisconsin you from?
Old 10-27-2008, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

they are around it should be easier to see them in a couple of weeks when the rest of the leaves fall. it can be kinda hard to spot them with all the leaves.