Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

08-09 predator score sheet

Old 02-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 08-09 predator score sheet

Nice job Jrb, not in killing all these critters, but for getting the pictures posted so that I don't have to! Oh alright, I'll give ya a little pat on the back.....good job, but don't spend too much time looking over your shoulder, 'cause my team ain't going down without a fight!
Old 02-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

JRB, whats with putting that "brown eye, coyote berry" facing us... We dont need to see that stuff.....LOL,

Congrats on that... Hey dont get to worried, I got one riding around in the back of my truck that I took this weekend. Just cant find the dang digital camera battery charger since the move...

Take care..

MIke
Pure Predator Custom Calls
www.purepredator.com

Old 02-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I slipped out about an hour before dark tonite and hit up one of my honey holes. I got about a 1/2 mile from my pickup walking in and realized that I had forgotten my shooting sticks [:@]I was breaking through the crust on the top of the snow and was over my knees every step so I didn't feel like going back so I kept going. I got to my calling spot an got set up, I sat for about 15 minutes to let everything settle down, since I sounded like a herd of elephants walking in. The spot I am calling has great visibility for about 2 miles over looking a bunch of pasture with good creek bottoms/willows in it. Normally, I can spot a coyote before I start calling in this spot, but came up with nothing so I stated in quiet on the Tweety. After my first series of about 20 seconds nothing was moving (or so I thought), so I went into a real aggressive series on it and about that time I caught movement directly to my right. I had a pair of coyotes 100 yards away from me. They apparently didn't care much for how loud I was and as the lead dog turned to go away I spun around and got on it, I barked to try to stop it and it started to trot away, so I texas heart shot it with a 55gr Nosler BT handload that I just worked up. I spun around and tried to get on the second dog but never could get a shot. When I looked up I saw the other dog cresting a hill about 200 yards away. After about a 350 yard blood trail I finally found it bled out. The good news was it ran closer to my pickup, the bad news was they aren't worth anything anymore. I took 27 coyotes to 2 different fur buyers last nite and only end up getting 12 of them sold for $5 a piece.

Here's the nights dog:

Old 02-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

Well that's too bad they're not worth anything this year. Bad news I'll be doing alot more dog hunting in the next few weeks, I'm the latest victom of the economy. I got the hook today.

Good goin JBR, we'll get after'em in a few days here.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

A shame they're not worth anything this year.

Good news, I'll be after'em here real soon full time. The latest victom of the economy, got the hook today.

Good job JBR, looks like you did well.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry to hear that yodeldog.

WTG JBR and Rammer.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

I went out around 10:30 last night, drug in sometime just before the sun came up and went to bed. Well Purepredator woke me up a few minutes ago.. with a text message about the IPC. I replied once from bed, then got up and stumbled to the kitchen. In my next reply I rubbed in the fact that I'd killed 3 coyotes last night and was gonna go take a picture so I could post them... then, I went downstairs and discovered THIS!

That's right, only 2 of my 3 made it home! LOL! I had no tailgate on... and the little bloody spot in the bottom of the picture is where I threw my final coyote of the night. I was hellin' thru a cornfield and old railroad track after my last stand- offroad for about 2 mile. I'll head back down there in a bit. With a NEGATIVE SIX DEGREE temperature, he ain't hurtin any.

PS: Most of you see a truckbed... but all Howler can see is my taillights.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

I backtracked my way back thru the fields and there he was... stiff as a board. #3 of the 3 I took last night.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

In most states tailgates come standard... In Indiana, well tailgates are about as popular as... Well Vegatarian Cheese Burgers....

Way ta go Jason...

Talk to ya later... Let me know how the IPC goes...

MIke
www.purepredator.com
Pure Predator Custom Calls
Old 02-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Typical Buck

Nice going JBRHunter!!!!

Quick Reply: 08-09 predator score sheet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.