Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 Anyone using the Extreme dimensions pro series? How is it? >

Anyone using the Extreme dimensions pro series? How is it?

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Anyone using the Extreme dimensions pro series? How is it?

Old 03-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

Default Anyone using the Extreme dimensions pro series? How is it?

I was thinking of getting one, and I dont want to spend more than a couple of hundred. I also want a wireless unit, and this one looks like a good bang for the buck on both accounts. Any info appreciated!
Old 03-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Anyone using the Extreme dimensions pro series? How is it?

Wow, not a single person has ever used one of these?
Old 03-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

I don"t think I know what it is your talking about. Is it a e-caller?
Old 03-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Typical Buck

yes its right here. http://www.phantomcalls.com/html/phantompro.phpI saw them at a show last week and they sounded great and worked well, easy to ooperate. The wireless has a 200 yard range.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Typical Buck

I"ll tell you my friend, I don"t think you can beat the Johnny Stewart calls, but I know alot of guys like the fox pro"s Get the JS, and treat yourself to a new gun or somthing.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Typical Buck

I had one of these when they first came out the only down fall is you are limited to a few sounds for predators,I have a foxproFX3 now but it cost a lot more,yodeldog3 has a good point if you buy a prey master you could buy a stevens model 200 with the difference and have a new rifle,if you are set on a wireless model johnny stewart is making a wirelessprey master with all the call cards available your sound choice will be larger than the phantom pro from extreme dimensions,as far as funtional the phantom pro works good but I like the ability to change sounds as the season changes you are limited to one 12 sound card for the extreme dimensions phantom,I read an advertisement that they were going to have another predator card for it but I havent seen one for sale at any sporting goods stores or catalogs.The PM is a good call,I just wanted a foxpro and got it,I love mine,IF I RATED THEM #1foxpro #2prey master #3phantom pro if I rated them for best value it would be the PM you can get a wired one for $99 and buy sound cards for $20 each.What ever you chose it should be a good choice,the phantom pro only has 2 rabbit sounds,you can get a bunch for the PM and more for a foxpro,and as I've stated before rabbit in distress has killed 80%to85% of the coyotes that i've killed over the last 11 years,only about 2 months out of the year will any other sounds work better thats feb-march around here,when coyote sounds work better,If I remember the phantom pro has coyote pups and coyote howls and thats it,the PM and fox pro have a bunch of coyote sounds.Make your choice wisely for the money,check out several and listen to them they aren't all the same.these three have been good ones for me.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:25 PM

Don't waist your money on this... this was the first call I had. I only had it a year and it malfunctioned three times when on stand... specifically I got all setup and initiated the call sequence the the unit just buzzed very loudly... I could not even turn it off without pulling the battery and sound chip. After the third time I purchased a foxpro.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the feedback guys. I really don't have the cash right now to buy the fox pro, although I was checking one out in cabelas last night. I would like to hear them side by side but I guess that ain't gonna happen.

If I get a Phantom and don't like it I can always peddle it on ebay!
Old 03-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Typical Buck

hey Rem go for the JS prey master , you will not be dissapointed and you"ll still have some green in you"r jeans.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Typical Buck

yodeldog is right,if I just didn't want a foxpro and have to have it like I thought I did,I would still be using my johnny stewart preymaster and having as much success as with the foxpro,I just wanted it and had to have it,I dont regret my decision but that extra money would be nice in my hand anytime,and now johnny stewart offers a wireless version,I have not heard anything about it by users yet so I cant recommend it,but the $99 preymaster is byfar the best value of any call,it's not a caddilac but a very affordable old truck that you cant wear out and will allways work.