Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Tactics and techniques?

Old 01-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default Tactics and techniques?

Ok just wondering everyone's tactics and techniques on coyote hunting? I just recently bought a FoxPro predator call, and I'm just wondering how everyone does it? I have some places that are pretty call weary do yal have any idea's for these places?
Old 01-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Tactics and techniques?

When our coyote gang goes out, we just set up and primarily use our distress calls. If there is no sign of anything within 20 mins, we leave for our next setup. I am interested to see how the Foxpro works for you. Actually interested in getting one for myself.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 01-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Typical Buck

hey guys I have a foxpro FX3 and it works great.I dont know what sounds you have on your's,but a good tactic I have found that helps is to use crow sounds for a minute or so before you start your rabbit sounds at a lower volume,the loud crow sounds wont scare a coyote,but a real loud rabbit sound might.The crow sounds give coyotes security due to there waryness and also coyotes will sometimes charge in on crow parties to find the food they are fighting over,your foxpro also gives you many sounds to chose from,rabbit sounds are my favorite,but call shy dogs sometimes come to fawn,cat,coon or fox distress better,this time of year I like to howl for them also!!!CALL'EM IN CLOSE AND KILL'EM ALL!!!
Old 01-25-2008, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a link to fox pro forums and such

www.gofoxprogo.com