Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

squirrel for a food

Old 10-26-2007, 10:58 AM

Default squirrel for a food

Are squirrels good?If so can you give me a recipe.

Kingfisher97
Old 10-29-2007, 04:15 AM

Default RE: squirrel for a food

Ridge Runner, you just posted my favorite meal!
Old 10-29-2007, 08:05 AM

squrrils are real good i just fry em in butter and find some good seasoning and put it on and eat it
Old 11-06-2007, 10:34 AM

Ridge runner nailed it. IMO, you don't have to boil though. Just brown them in a pan, then add a little liquid, cover the pan and simmer until tender.

I really like Brunswick Stew, which is commonly made with squirrel. Just google it, select one of the recipies that come up.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

get about 4 of em and cut into pieces and throw in a slow cooker along with carrots, potatoes, onions, some creole seasoning and let cook 2hrs. Afterwardsmix a package of brown gravy mix in a bowlof hot water, add to slow cooker and let cook for 30mins. Cook you a nice pot of rice and you are all set. Be prepared to share because your neighbors will surround the house like cats hearing a bag of meow mix being opened.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:25 AM
Typical Buck

Dang it Ridge Runner, it's 6:25 AM, and now I have the hankerin' for some squirrel and gravy!

Old 11-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Dominant Buck

I've found that most poultry recipes lend themselves well to tree rats. Squirrel and dumplins, fried squirrel, squirrel stew, squirrel Wellington, squirrel gumbo...
Old 11-07-2007, 10:04 AM

I'm a fan of them fried in pieces, coated with a spicy bbq sauce, and dip 'em like wings. So good. Gotta go kill some squirrels now.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:48 PM

ORIGINAL: kevin1

I've found that most poultry recipes lend themselves well to tree rats. Squirrel and dumplins, fried squirrel, squirrel stew, squirrel Wellington, squirrel gumbo...
I don't have any squirrel left in the freezer -- now I am going to have to go out and get some more -- makin' me hungry! Kevin1 is right-- just about any chicken recipe will translate well with squirrel or Rabbit for that matter--if you can find some.

good luck and good huntin'
Old 11-16-2007, 05:10 AM
Typical Buck

I'm gonna have to try Branson's suggestion. That sounds really good right now!

Quick Reply: squirrel for a food

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.