Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Coyote,Cougar,Against a Horse

Old 10-23-2007, 10:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default Coyote,Cougar,Against a Horse

I know that it would take more then 1 coyote to take a horse but there saying it was possible a cougar.We,ve had sighting,s all summer mostly on the out skirts of the city of a couger. But really no evidence now there has been another sighting and possible attack but they say it could have been a coyote or a couger . I have seen coyote,s take a calf been born and the after math of other livestock attacks but I,am not to sure about what there saying on the news. You can check out the summer reports at www. ACHANNEL.CA under search put in cougar sightings . I think the city people see something brown in the feild (livestock) and think it,s a wild critter that should be saved.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Coyote,Cougar,Against a Horse

Lions can take a horse, though I expect they would normally single out a colt or other smaller horse. I don't expect thatit is common. Often they will attempt, grab at the horse, and loose their grip, resulting in a hurt horse. I don't imagine that a coyote would grab much attention from a horse. If there are lions or coyotes--either one--around the city, the people would do far better to keep an eye on the usual pets than worry about the larger stock.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:26 PM

Default RE: Coyote,Cougar,Against a Horse

Just watch out for the blind cliffs.