Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

07 Predator contest submission pics.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:24 AM

Default RE: 07 Predator contest submission pics.

ORIGINAL: Howler

I'll double check, but I beleive the last day of March is the date we decided on for the end of this contest.
While I was in KS. for the last 10 days, I got an couple opportunities to contribute to my teams score. Got one of these while he was chasing pheasants in the field that we were harvesting. Got the other on a calling stand.

Those are some great pic's Howler. Congrats on your kills.

What kind of AR and scope are you shooting?
Old 11-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks wyote! Gotta love the wide open spaces we get to hunt! My AR was built by Dedicated Technology on top of a DPMS lower. It has a 23" Shilen barrel with DTech added compensator. DTech crown and flute job. .204 cal. and I'm currently using 40 gr. berger bullets on top of my reloads. That's a Leopold scope 4.5-14 on top. Obviously all dipped to match. The grip is a rubber Ergo grip.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't have any pictures but good shooting to everyone who has posted some
Old 11-05-2007, 06:39 PM
Typical Buck

Good to see this got tagged.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Fork Horn

Not a pic.... but will you count it? I'm not dragging some of these critters back to the truck- between the flattness of fur and furiousity of the 25WSSM they aren't worth skinning. If they don't make it to the truck they don't get pictures. Sorry?

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v291/jrbhunter/Predators/?action=view&current=25Coyote.flv

PS: I have a non-digital picture of two from Monday that I'm trying to get scanned in. We're having a heckuva time remember to take pics lately- my apologies to the team.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

Here is that pitiful picture of the two I killed Sunday Night / Monday Morning.

I also noticed that after I submitted the picture of three coyotes hanging beside me, I was scored for 100 points. Is that a mistake, or are coyotes worth 33.3333 points?

My total should now be 6 coyotes killed and photographed. I'll start at least taking pics with my cell phone!
Old 11-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

also noticed that after I submitted the picture of three coyotes hanging beside me, I was scored for 100 points. Is that a mistake, or are coyotes worth 33.3333 points?
Nope, my mistake, nice catch!! I gave ya credit for the coyote in your video also, BUT I have to question the "first round down the barrel comment". You mean to tell me that you didn't shoot that rifle any to sight it in before hunting with it? Come on now, surely you put a few down the barrel for sight in![8D]
Old 11-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

".... just got it put together tonight and lined it in. Got it shooting pretty good, brought it out here and the first round down the barrel put fur on the ground...."

Yeah it actually had 10 rounds through it on the range. Locked it in the lead sled and found that we were within 2 inches from the start. I believe the 11th, 15th, 16th, 18th and 19th rounds fired through this weapon have killed coyotes. #20 is in the tube, my cameraman is on the way and we won't be home until daylight. Hopes are high- it's a beautiful night.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

gonna head out saturday morning see what my homemade E-caller will produce
Old 11-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Jrbhunter
I believe the 11th, 15th, 16th, 18th and 19th rounds fired through this weapon have killed coyotes. #20 is in the tube, my cameraman is on the way and we won't be home until daylight. Hopes are high- it's a beautiful night.

#20 and #21 did their job last night. Gotta get a picture of the other one put on here when she gets home to explain her camera!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v291/jrbhunter/Predators/?action=view&current=nvtrouble2.flv

Quick Reply: 07 Predator contest submission pics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.