Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

07 Predator contest submission pics.

Old 12-23-2007, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 07 Predator contest submission pics.

WOW!

Old 12-24-2007, 01:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice work Howler!

I watched a movie till about midnight tonite, then I looked at and I could see a good mile. So I figured with it being this bright out, I better get out calling. I called in 2 my first stand, but I didn't see them quick enuf and they winded me. I managed to stop one at a guess of 350 yards (hard to tell when its not light out), and I missed it. He ran about 20 yards and I mouth howled at him, stopped again, missed again, and then I stopped him one more time, and missed again.

Hopefully the morning brings some better luck for me.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Howler,

So we gonna beable to see those hunts in the next verminator movie??? I sure hope so . Ive about wore out that other verminator DVD I constantly watch it lol. the wifes threatened me a dozen times thats she gonna throw it out.
Old 12-25-2007, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks wyote, you got some pretty neat photos yourself.

Well HighDesert, I ended up hunting alone Sat. and Sun. and on Fridaymy shooters both missed coyotes. SO, no footage caught on filmlast weekend.

Come on Rammer, I was countin' on ya to to more points on the board. Not that I'm cheering for your team to beat mine, but someone has to put more pressure on#40fan.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Howler - I'm trying my damdest, its real tough calling here this year for some reason. I hunted from 9:30pm till 2:30am callling last nite, didn't see a single dog or even get one to answer me. I think I've learned my lesson, I've been keeping a coyote callin diary, and whenever there is a Southwest wind like last nite, its not good calling.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:20 AM
Typical Buck

Finally had a chance to do some calling in my normal areas. I have been trying the last two weeks in other places with no luck. Found these two yesterday.

Good shooting there Howler.
Old 12-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hang in there Rammer, as I'm sure you know how callin' has it's highs and lows, where a guy can get blanked a bunch and then all of a sudden the flood gates open and it seems almost easy all of a sudden.

No harm in trying new areas #40fan. I try to find at least one new area/ranch each year and am always trying to expand my "usual" stompin' grounds. Every now and then, those new areas quickly become your favorite spots. The three I got on Sunday all came in on three consecutive stands on this new ranch that I got on. Called in 4 on those three stands, so I have high hopes for the rest of this property.

Old 12-26-2007, 01:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Howler- I hope it gets better soon. I just loaded up 150 more 243 60gr Sierra HPs this evening. Then the fog rolled in wrecking my night of calling. I might pack it up an head to nebraske in the next few days if it doesn't get any better around here. Last year at this time I was close to 60dogs in my home area, this year I'm at 8 total. Something is the matter with it.....
Old 12-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

Old 12-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

What's going on this year Jrb, I figured you'd be in the lead and pullin' away by now. Why are ya slackin' this year!

Quick Reply: 07 Predator contest submission pics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.