Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Penetration

Old 08-13-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Penetration

I was shooting my 30# bow today, using my new Carbon arrows with field-points. I got centimeter thick hardwood, and placed it in my yard. I was about 20 feet away, and each shot placed the field point all the way through the board, and about another centimeter the field point stopped. And I was using a blunted point. Now I was saying to myself, If I used a sharp point or broadhead, it would be devastating on the board. Im not shure if that is an impressive penetration with that light bow and range of shot, what do you guys think. Wood is much denser and stronger than flesh, muscle, and bone, so I can imagine me being able to take down a yote with my bow. A centimeter penetration would be turned into several inches worth of penetration at that same range, same weight of bow, better broadhead. Basically im asking if I can hunt yotes with my bow, I don't want to go into the field looking like an idiot shooting a Yote and it running off.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:16 AM

Default RE: Penetration

That's perfectly normal. Before I got carbons I had sh*tty fiberglass and the fiber ones broke when I tried pulling them out of 1/2" wood that they had gone through and lodged about 6" in. Yeah if you're close enough. BTW have a good knife ready yotes are mean[>:].

You haven't done it in this thread but I cant copy/paste it to one where you did and I typed this here, so:
Could you please stop trying to prove that your bow is more powerful than an airgun?
It's getting annoying. Yes, it is more powerful than Wal-mart crap, but guess what?
My airgun shoots through my wall! And I can guarantee any actual Weihrauch or RWS will beat the sh*t out of your bow, let alone a Webley Tomahawk.
It seems like you are trying to convince yourself that your bow is not panzi. Maybe you're trying to convince yourself so much b/c it IS!!

Sorry:had to get that out..