Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Crow Huntin'

Old 06-04-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Crow Huntin'

Does Anyone Here Crow Hunt At All? I have been wanting to start but i cant yet cause ints not season yet. so if any one does i would like to have some tips thrown my way to make me a better lets just say..... Crow Population Control. lol thanks!

Airsoft dude
Old 06-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Crow Huntin'

Yea i do but not as often as i use to because i started bowfishing in the off season. as far as tips go, get within a couple hundred yards of the crows before calling. also remember to always kill the first one. he is kind of like a scout. if you kill him more will come.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:30 PM

ok thanks! hey also i bow fish to! but i havent got any thing yet.... well thanks for the tips!
Old 06-04-2007, 07:08 PM

I do it but not like most people. We go to cut cornfields and set up in the woods around 150-300 yards away and shoot them with rifles. They are good practice and when your that far away they dont get too scared from the shot.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt them, go to www.crowbusters.com and they'll tell you everything you need to know
Old 06-05-2007, 02:26 PM

lol im gonna use either my 12 ga rem 870 express mag or my 20ga rem 670 YOUTH express mag wat you guys think? also im gonna use a turkey choke !
Old 06-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a 223 AI or 223, whichever I have with me that day. PA there is no season for crows so you can shoot them year round. Lot's of fun and practice.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:59 PM

we got into it last winter and i advise against the turkey choke. we had best results with around a modified choke and 6 shot. had some cripples with dove shot, and my old left over duck shells seemed like overkill. I agree shoot the first one, but heck just shoot everyone that comes within shotgun range. i rigged up my own ecaller, but had just as good success by sneaking within a few hundred yards and mocking them with my mouth call. brings em in close. Next year ill be trying a bigger decoy spread (6-12) and a flapping wing deke.

IT IS A BLAST
Old 06-11-2007, 07:37 AM
Fork Horn

Crow hunting is a BLAST!!
Old 06-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: thndrchiken

PA there is no season for crows so you can shoot them year round. Lot's of fun and practice.
[:-]You sure about that? Better read a little closer.

Quick Reply: Crow Huntin'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.