Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Crow Huntin'

Old 06-11-2007, 05:58 PM

Default RE: Crow Huntin'

ORIGINAL: PA Bow/Flinter

ORIGINAL: thndrchiken

PA there is no season for crows so you can shoot them year round. Lot's of fun and practice.
[:-]You sure about that? Better read a little closer.
well i know there is no season here in michigan and well wait it said that its like from september to sumthing i think but we can shoot them if there being Annoying or causeing a health hazzard!
Old 06-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, they changed that, up until a few years ago they weren't considered game and there was no season.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:42 PM

I shoot crow with a pellet rifle. by using a pellet rifle there is no noise to scare any others away.

totman
Old 06-12-2007, 07:59 AM

that might be a good idea! with a pellet rifle i might get that GAMO air shotgunits like 200 bucks lol but ya also if you have a owl decoy out there and shoot one crow the others will go and try to attack that owl! a good set up i would try it!
Old 06-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

In Minnesota the official crow hunting season is March 1-31, and July 15th to October 15th.

There is one big loophole in regards to crows. The MN DNR claims if a crow has damaged your property, or is about to cause damage to your property, they can be taken.

Sounds good to me!
Old 06-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

In the past i purchased some recorded tapes and just played them througha cheap tape player. They worked pretty well. Now i just use a mouth call. You don't have to lug around a bunch of gear and it's easy to get the crows fired up. It's also pretty easy to replicate injured/fighting crow sounds. Sometimes i throw in a few decoys. I use a modified choke with 6 shot.