Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

coyotes + kids....................

Old 06-02-2007, 07:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default coyotes + kids....................

I know a guy in southern Alberta[Medicine Hat] that was in the process of building a house with a semi-fenced back yard.He was mostly working outside so he could keep an eye on his toddler that was playing on a swing set out back.The day was uneventful and he had to step inside to get something for a second and he was quite horrified to see a large coyote 6 feet away from his kid sitting on it's haunches watching the child swing back and forth .Debating ,should I or shouldn't I? The father let fly with the hammer and the coyote suddenly remembered he had an appointment elsewhere.No doubt in my mind what he was thinking.100% opportunist! Too bad he didn't have a gun.Harold
Old 06-02-2007, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: coyotes + kids....................

That's quite a story, never heard anything like that. They have some serious coyote numbers up there in portions of Canada... from what i hear.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:56 AM

Good thing nothin happened to the kid.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

In the fall deer gut piles are gone in a matter of a couple of hours. The coyotes are quite brazen and numerous enough to be heard howling at night pretty much anywhere including within city limits.............Harold
Old 06-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

That would be pretty scary to see something like that - I'm glad the child wasn't attacked. Yotes are getting more brave each year....
Old 06-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I threw a 4# hammer at one while he was running.The head landed in front of him and the handle knocked him out!
Old 06-08-2007, 06:45 AM
Typical Buck

In Banff National Park ,hikers thought it was cute to feed the coyotes sandwiches from their daypacks.[shown on the news]Then after the problem was created and everyone didn't feed them ,they became aggressive and several pulbic hiking trails had to be temporarily closed.Totally preventable but my favorite one is the Japanese tourist following the grizzly down the ditch about 10 feet behind trying to get him in the viewfinder of his camera.Lucky for him it didn't have cubs and was semi-tolerant of idiots.Harold* Hollywood has city coyotes eating garbage and cats .Brazil has jaguars in Rio de Janeiro picking off stray dogs.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

We are getting Jags in southern calif.!
Old 06-09-2007, 06:50 AM
Typical Buck

Ya,there was a guy a couple years ago hunting cougars with dogs in either CA or CO that treed a Jaguar and took pics to prove it.They used to be in Texas as well and I think there's still some in Old Mexico.The last grizzly was shot in Mexico in the early 40's.Kinda cool..................Harold [The eastern cougar is also coming back]
Old 06-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Fork Horn

the same thing witht he kid happed to me.... but i chased it down and shot it but some retard in the neiborhood called the police and i had to got to court and they tried to charge me with 5 felony counts of fireing a gun withn 500ft of a dwelling and then tried to get me with hunting on a sunday...i got contiuned for a year without a finding.... I love this freaken world[:@]so beware if you want to defend you family from willdlife!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.