Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 Possible just for fun Contest!Let me know >

Possible just for fun Contest!Let me know

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Possible just for fun Contest!Let me know

Old 04-25-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Possible just for fun Contest!Let me know

So since the one that was supposed to start up is well not happening i still think we should start one up but im thinkin just stickin to the basics such as golphers, rabbits and squirrels. Basic scoring system too 1 point for a golpher, 2 points for a squirrel and 3 points for a rabbits. Must have a picture of the kill and your gun in the pic and u will have to let me know what your gun is cause i know some of us will be hunting alone its hard to take a pic of you and your kill so as long as i know what type of gun u will be using that should be good enough. If u are interseted let me know and if there are enough interested ill start a sign up.Also if this starts up and there are enough interested should it be teams of single???
Old 04-25-2007, 11:37 AM

Default RE: Possible just for fun Contest!Let me know

By choosing those three animals you've eliminated a lot of possible competitors.

I couldn't be in it anyway, I'm residing far from home.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:49 AM

well i can stick with the scoring system that jake came up with and i will actually manage it.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:32 PM

i would still cut off a few of them like coyotes and turkeys, but preferably the ones i would like on there is fox, rabbit, squirell, groundsquirell
Old 04-25-2007, 06:56 PM

Ok well hows this for animals and scoring i think any others is just way too many species and this will allow more people to join due to more options.

Coyotes 50pts
Fox 50pts
Badger 40pts
Groundhogs 30pts
Coons 30pts
Groundsquirrels 20pts
Rabbits 20pts
Squirrels 15pts
Golphers 15pts

Old 04-25-2007, 08:51 PM

sounds good to me, lets give it a little longer of signup time to get more people in it, and have it last longer for the city folk who dont get out every day like me and those in sports
i have a semi autoremington 22lr, thats all i know about it
and a browning semi auto 12ga, all i know about it either, i will probably only use the 22 though,
my idea is the next three weeks to sign up and last until end of july
Old 04-25-2007, 10:27 PM

k well i will start a new post for sign up so people are aware.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:10 PM
Fork Horn

When is this going to happen?
Some things to think about LEGAL SEASONS on critters, Example most states fox, coon, rabbit, squirrels, ect
are closed until fall.
Try and chooseunprotected critters that most states have,Example crows, coyotes, black birds,these are some that are well distributed in most states and build on to these.
Next is the point system low points for easy critters higher points for harder ones. Good starting points for the ones I listed would be some thing like, 1 point for black birds5 points for coyotesand 10 points for crows.
Just lookingat how stupid black birds are you can stay in same spot and shootmany of them before you have to move,Crows on the other hand you shoot one then have to move and coyotes you can shoot one or two and sometimes threebefore moving.
Being in the south we don't have badgers, grounhogs, or golphers people in the north would haveunfair advantage. If you added armadillo's we would have advantage over northeners. Therefor only add critters that are well distrubted. Another critter would be turtlesBUThard to recover and some are protected.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:05 AM

you could say just make a tag with your screen name and place it in the picture of the game. pretty easy identification, especially if two people choose the same firearm.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:50 AM

ORIGINAL: metaldonnieg

you could say just make a tag with your screen name and place it in the picture of the game. pretty easy identification, especially if two people choose the same firearm.
Hows this i give you extra points for accurate date and screen name.