Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

fearless coyotes!

Old 04-21-2007, 01:33 PM

Default fearless coyotes!

Today in New york state itis the youth season opener well i heaed out with my girlfriend father and his sonwho was hunting and we had birds gobblin right as we got in there...about 4 or 5 birds...then aswere workin the birds twocoyotes show up...they walked up to us3 at about 10 feet away...and stared at us they wouldnt leave...my girlfriends father was trying to shoo them away...we threw sticks at them and even stood up...as we stood up the big male jumped back a few feet and then as soon as we sit down he starts comin right in at us...we didnt want to shoot them because we were still workin the birds and they were gobbling...finally he picks his head looks down the field and takes off...couldnt believe those coyotes at no fear of us at all...unfortunately the bird didnt want to cooperate for a shot...it stayed just behind the brush and was unable to get a shot...one more little story of the day...pulled down a dirt road to head to a new spotand a baby beaver was in the middle of the road he walked right up under the truck then came to the side of the window and looked right up at me and then kept on walkin by...

well it was an interesting day even though we didnt get a bird...and that was the first day of youth season...cant wait for may 1st when its my time!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 04:35 PM

Default RE: fearless coyotes!

you should be able to call in some coyotes real easy there, play a turkey call and wait abit for it to get ten feet away and hit it in the head with a shovel, hahaha, jk, im mean shoot it
Old 04-21-2007, 05:07 PM

haha yeah...i wish they were still in season...would have had two yotes this morning...i hunt coyotes alot and ive never had them that close before
Old 04-22-2007, 02:51 PM

They have gotten used to humans and our activity in the high population of the north east. I have had similar things to yours happen to me while hunting, locating and just plain wondering around the woods.

I posted an incident alot like yours on another site and was called crazy. This one guy tried telling me that it would never happen and it was probably an escaped farm critter or a campers doggy. When someone gets stared at by a big ole 50 pound eastern coyote, we know it.

They maybe shy in the big western states but not as much out this way!!
Old 04-22-2007, 05:52 PM

I would have shoot the coyotes if they were that close the birds would have come back.