Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

yote calling

Old 04-09-2007, 07:19 PM

Default yote calling

Where to start besides this is becoming so frustrating!!!! I have hunted yotes with dogs for years now and have recently decieded to try calling them in. I have called 1 in with a cottontail distress call behind my house but havent had luck since. I went out and bought an electric caller (which set me back 300 buxs) and to no aval! SO i bought a screaming howler/cottontail distress call which has not worked yet.guys I hunt with say it sounds great...realistic....but still nothing!!! I have set up in areas I know there are yotes there. foe example......I took my son out last night hunting and when we left say a yote in the field behind my house....on the way home from work I saw another less than a quarter of a mile the opposite direction but still behind my house.....I go out tonight and call and nothing,,,,,,ANY IDEAS???
Old 04-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: yote calling

A lot of things can keep a coyote from coming in. Can they see a vehicle? Did they hear you walking into the place you are calling from? Are they so close that when you play the caller on high volume it scares them?

My opinion would be to try new things. When you get it right, they will show up before you know it.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:14 PM

Its not like its been 3,4 or 5 set-ups....More like 2 dozen.......and we pay attention to all the little details like our approach,wind camo,etc.....and havent been to any set-up more tham twice!
Old 04-10-2007, 05:02 AM

just try new things decoys turkey in distress works for me sometimes
Old 04-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deal with it. Coyote hunting isnt easy. I bet I've made 40-50 sets since the last coyote I've seen. Maybe more like 70-80 IDK, its been way to long. I live in PA and its a whole different game than most coyote hunters are used to though. And I do all the little things too. Sometimes it is out of your hands.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:17 PM

Like what Trophyhunter25 said, try using a decoy of some kind, just to get the attention off you. If you dont have any decoys like that, a simple feather with fishing line tied to a tree branch will do wonders.

Good luck
Old 04-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

A decoy will only work if you bring them in far enough to see them. A decoy isnt where you are having trouble. Its just bringing them in at all. Just keep at it, and they will come.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:39 PM

went out again tonight and same old thing.....nothing! lol Oh believe me I wont give up. Was just wondering if any ideas out there would help. As for the decoy....been there...done that. They have to be able to see it to be useful but dont think I am getting them in for them too see it. Weekends almost here...try it again then! Thanks for the help guys!! Anything and everything is useful!
Old 04-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Typical Buck

buy a dvd and learn every little detail also maybe be agrressive and dont over call
Old 04-12-2007, 07:52 AM

If anyone gets a second or two go to varmitals.com and tell me what you think of his 16 minute calling sequence. Its down towards the bottom of the page. After making the mistake of getting a garbage electric caller I might set up a sound system for calling and he seems to have some good things....What do you all think?

Quick Reply: yote calling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.