Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

scary

Old 04-06-2007, 06:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default scary

Have you ever had a preditor kick yourButt?
Old 04-06-2007, 07:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: scary

I once got ambushed by a pack of very horny coyotes, but I'd rather not talk about it.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

I once got ambushed by a pack of very horny coyotes, but I'd rather not talk about it.

Aw come on........
Old 04-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

I can kinda relate, except I actually did get nailed by a very horny dog. I was out turkey hunting and my neighbors pitbull got loose. I dont know if this dog just loves me or what because he latches onto my leg everytime he sees me but this time i was kinda vulnerable sitting on the ground, he latched on my shoulders and nailed my chest. what a mess there was dog funk all over my camo.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Pydpiper

titleAndStar(469,0,false,false,"","")
Rack Buck

[align=center][/align]
I put on my best camo, (was my best camo) and headed into the woods where I have been seeing a lot of tracks.. I backed up against a tree and pulled some brush against me, it would have been a useless position if I had my crossbow, but since I left it at home I figured it was a good spot.
I have been reading all the sites you guys sent to me, it seems pretty rare that these guys get animals closer than a hundred yards or so, so I felt pretty safe.. I hunched down and let the howler go for a bit, still think it sounds like a drunk duck but the coyotes seem to think it sounded pretty darn good. I seen the first one come up over the river bank, and my heart went crazy.. it was the closest I have been to one of these things since I decided to hunt them, probably 75 yards or so right in front of me, then gone again.
I was far from stealthy when I stuck the howler in my pocket and popped the squeaker in my mouth, I was concentrating more on what sound I was making than what was happening around me, that's when I seen the nasty looking thing about 10 yards in front of me, head cocked to one side and taking slow steps towards me, he was alone I think. All I could think about is how easy of a shot it would have been if I actually had something to shoot it with, and by the time that thought went through my head it was 5 or 6 feet in front of me, I was sure it was looking me straight in the eye. My excitement turned to concern when I realized it wasn't stopping, just walking right to me.. I of course was still tooting away on my squeaker, almost laughing into it in nervousness. By now I knew it was coming for that sound regardless of what I did, so I decided I would grab it by the scruff if it came closer, and closer it came, lunged at the squeaker that was still making noise as I tried to breath through it.
It was in the air when I grabbed it, Damn thingpounced like a cat, I missed his scruff with both hands, one hand had his cheek and the other the top of it's head by the ear.. He was pretty pissed, and I could smell his rotten breath andall I remember thinking is how whitethe teeth were for an ugly animal.It was mere seconds and I had it pinned down under my knee while holding its head to the ground. I had it in a position where it couldn't do any damage to me and I looked around to see if he had any friends nearby, all I could think is why I hadn't read anything like this, and what else could possibly happen. I mumbled something through my teeth about not being a mouse with lots of colorful words included. I took my hand off it's cheek to grab my knife and that's when he turned and got my leg, just above my ankle. It happened pretty quick, didn't feel a thing. About 10 seconds later, neither did he. I learned a few things today, that is for sure.

So, my buyers remorse for buying the cheapest yote call Bass Pro had to offer is now gone, I am a firm believer now.

Old 04-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

That looks and sounds pretty nasty to me Rebel!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:00 PM

Hey Rebel Hog:
Do you have any idea how much money you could have made if you had that incident on video?????????

I can't imagine having a close call like that. I'll bet you will be armed in the future....and I don't mean with a cross bow either. If that ever happens to me I hope I win the fight like you did.

Glad you came out of it OK.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:44 PM

gosh rebal
Old 04-08-2007, 01:35 PM

An Akita almost bit my arm off once!!!
Old 04-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Might have been worse if it were a big cat or a wolf.

Quick Reply: scary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.