Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Time of day for coyotes

Old 02-15-2007, 05:17 PM

Default RE: Time of day for coyotes

Early morning is a great time to be out. I'm talking 12am-sunup. If theres snow you don't need a light.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:31 PM

And Howler im not sure why its better in the spring around here but it is. I belive because they have to get food for their pups and they have to be out and about looking for food which for them isnt very abundant around here. And for your answer about the yote pups, yea i let them starve unless they make it somehow. I dont care if they starve they destroy everything when the get older anyway. They may be cute and helpless now but they get big and destructive.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:39 PM

Jake
There is more food in the spring. All the baby birds,baby squirrel and rabbits and fawns amount to endless supplies of yote good in the spring they will also eat eggs and even bugs.they won't come to the call as good in spring as they willin the fall or winter. It don't matter where. Not to mention the stupid young coyotes got shot or starved during the winter so only the smartest yotes are out and about andthe pups stay in dens. Don't take this as an attack on you because it isn't just telling you how it is.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:07 AM

There will be more food in the spring for them to eat no matter what part of the world they are in. Also they will be denned up and moving less.