Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 Western Rivers Predation wireless - ISSUES >

Western Rivers Predation wireless - ISSUES

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Western Rivers Predation wireless - ISSUES

Old 12-28-2006, 10:35 PM

Default Western Rivers Predation wireless - ISSUES

Hello all,

I am fairly new to predator hunting. Hunted pretty much everything else most of my life but never predators until a year or so ago. I just bought a Western Rivers Predation - wireless call and have some serious issues with it. If anyone can give me some advice about these issues it would be appreciated.

First the call seems to shut itself off whenever it feels like it. It did it on my twice tonight. The remote control has nine buttons on it that feel like 'blisters' and three or four of them seem to have 'poped' if you will. They are flat and you need to push on them several times, hard, before they will work.

I was in a wide open field with the call 55 yards in front of me tonight and the remote worked at first then just quit working. I had this problem several weeks ago and replaced the battery but it is still doing it. Should the battery in the remote die that soon when it has only been used a handful of times? It was around 20 degrees tonight, no wind, snow on the ground yet clear out. Would the temperature affect things that much?

This call is supposed to work out to 250 yards with the remote, conditions and terrain taken into consideration of course, but tonight was about optimal.

Other than to return the call and get my money back, anyone have any feedback or suggestions? I emailed their customer service on 12/18/06 and have not heard back from them. I forwarded that email on to them again tonight so I will see if they respond to this one. Thanks in advance.

Eric

"I do not hunt to kill, I kill in order to have hunted." author unknown but I like it. [/align]
Old 12-29-2006, 06:34 AM

Default RE: Western Rivers Predation wireless - ISSUES

I'd get your money back if I were you. I would not be happy with any product that only lasted me a couple of times out and did not work well to start with. I have an old Johnny Stewart call but it is a bit behind times - It has always seemed to work for me though - I am going to be purchasing a new call in the near future i am just waiting for the money tree I planted to mature first.

From what I have heard the fox pro is about the best out there - I friend of mine has one and swears by it. He does real well on greys and coyotes and fair on reds. Good luck
Old 12-29-2006, 08:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mine went back in less than a week. It was junk! We have a Cabelas nearby and they have bunches of them in their bargain cave. All are returns. That should be a sign!
Old 12-29-2006, 12:14 PM

I read a few posts on Midwest Predator Hunter forums and they all say about the same thing, lots of complaints with them. I was using a Johnny Steward with 100 feet of cord and never had a problem. Just a pain in the neck unwinding then winding up the cord each time. Maybe the FoxPro is the way to go if the money tree up here produces a bit more the first part of the year.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

All that remote stuff is cool, but wire is cheep and light.Coyotes wont even notice it.Save the money and headaches,use wire.Just my opinion for what its worth.