Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

He almost got away!

Old 12-20-2006, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default He almost got away!

I got beaver # 7 today. I went to the set and couldn't find my trap. All the sticks that were holdning it were there but no trap. After searching for a minute I started to get mad thinking someone stole my trap and/or beaver. I checked the rest and they were empty. I went out into the deeper watet and noticed a tree floating that I knew was behind my trap yesturday. I lifted it and found my trap and beaver. The tree was about 10 feet long and 3 inches thick. The trap didn't kill him right away and he went 20 yards out into the deeper water. When he went through I don't understand how but all the stakes were not moved at all. Like he jumped up when he got caught. He almost got away. Learned my lesson. Always wire the trap to a tree or seperate stake.

Old 12-21-2006, 08:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: He almost got away!

Hey SPIKE, wondered where you have been. Haven't seen any of your catches lately. I am still at it pretty hard have a total of 10 fox and 16 coon, not my best season, but the weather has been pretty good to me so far. I remember asking you for some beaver trapping tips a while back, I put some 330 conibears on my christmas list and from what my daughter says, I think I just might have them under the tree christmas morning. I am going to hit the beavers pretty hard so just bare with me cause I am going to need all the advice I can get. I have permission to beaver trap some awesome places I can't wait. CONGRATS on finding the lost one. Was it because that pole got caught in the trap also.......those things must be strong to take off with a 330 necklace. Well I will be looking for you next week when I start setting those 330's hopefully with some pics.