Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Fur prices

Old 09-20-2006, 08:54 PM

Default Fur prices

Hey everyone does anybody know what fur prices are gonna do this year? I hope they are high, maybe I will have to kill a few more coyotes and coons this year. Thanks for the info everybody.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:12 PM

Default RE: Fur prices

They seemed to really bump up this spring for beaver, rats and otters. That is all i really trap faithfully. I was getting up to 20 bones for a rough skinned beaver, not fleshed or stretched just frozen in a grocery bag so i was happy with that for a change. As for what the future holds well who knows. Keep killen them yotes and coonsthough, the only good one is a dead one.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Fur prices

Its always just speculation. I doubt if we'll see great prices for coon or canines. Otter took a dive after the February sale. We'll see what they do. Everything has its ups and downs. Someday cats will crash and something else will be king for fur sellers. Rumor is that the Russians are showing an interest in otter, so that would give the Chinese some much needed buyer competition. I expect muskrats will hold well, but maybe not as many $10 pelts. Would be nice to see coon get popular.