Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

1st fox in a while

Old 07-12-2006, 09:04 AM

Default 1st fox in a while

I have worked every day for the last 34 days strait, which has been driving me nuts. I finally got a couple of days off and managed to pop over the road for a shot.

I haven’t been over there for a long time so everything was quiet and there were lots of rabbits running around and even a few hares playing on a hillside, my dog had had a great time and even caught a couple of bunnies.
I had just finished a walk around my favourite area and was headed back to the car when I noticed this bugger stalking up on some young bunnies playing outside their burrow.
I started stalking closer stoping every couple of meters to let her settle, she started to get suspicious when I was about 50m from her. I stood motionless as she looked strait at me, I was sure that she must have seen me but her attention turned back to the bunnies.
This continued for about 10 minutes until I got within 15M of her. I lined her up and gave a low whistle when she turned and looked at me I gave her a load of BB shot and she dropped to the ground and I put one more into her.

It’s a good thing that I started loading one barrel with 7&1/2 shot and the other with N/o 2# or BB’s when hunting Bunnies as this proves that my “just in case” precaution proved to be a great idea.

Old 07-12-2006, 04:11 PM
Banned

Default RE: 1st fox in a while

Cool story and nice fox; congrats!!HCH
Old 07-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm jealous! Been tryin to get a good fox for 3 years now so I could have one full body mounted.. Coyotes have run every fox out of my portion of the world though
Old 07-13-2006, 03:13 AM

Well I'm trying my hardest toshoot every fox out of my portion of the world!!!
Old 08-01-2006, 09:08 PM

good fox i hope i can get one sometime