HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 1st fox in a while
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 09:04 AM
260rem

Default 1st fox in a while

I have worked every day for the last 34 days strait, which has been driving me nuts. I finally got a couple of days off and managed to pop over the road for a shot.

I haven’t been over there for a long time so everything was quiet and there were lots of rabbits running around and even a few hares playing on a hillside, my dog had had a great time and even caught a couple of bunnies.
I had just finished a walk around my favourite area and was headed back to the car when I noticed this bugger stalking up on some young bunnies playing outside their burrow.
I started stalking closer stoping every couple of meters to let her settle, she started to get suspicious when I was about 50m from her. I stood motionless as she looked strait at me, I was sure that she must have seen me but her attention turned back to the bunnies.
This continued for about 10 minutes until I got within 15M of her. I lined her up and gave a low whistle when she turned and looked at me I gave her a load of BB shot and she dropped to the ground and I put one more into her.

It’s a good thing that I started loading one barrel with 7&1/2 shot and the other with N/o 2# or BB’s when hunting Bunnies as this proves that my “just in case” precaution proved to be a great idea.