Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Best Place to Hunt Yote? (In AZ)

Old 06-29-2006, 02:19 PM

Default Best Place to Hunt Yote? (In AZ)

Hey Ya'll

New to yote hunting and not sure where to go to be successful. Any names of places or even coordinates in Arizona would help a lot. Thanks for going through the trouble!
Old 06-30-2006, 12:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best Place to Hunt Yote? (In AZ)

Im actually looking for a hunting partner here in AZ. I have several hot spots here in the national forest near dewey just havent been out in awhile since my current hunting partner has a brand new baby and between work and his son he gets no time to go. I actually prefer not to go alone because it can get a little spooky not having a partner to watch your back, I went alone once im sure it was a rare situation but a mountain lion snuck up behind me and was at a stones throw distance when I got this funny feeling I wasn't alone I turned and there it was just yards away. I kinda panicked didnt even aim the shot the round kicked up the dirt in front of it I continued to rack rounds in the chamber and fire in the general direction. that spooked me enough that I havent gone alone since.

there are tons of yotes in the area that need thinning badly on evenings on my way home I see them every night crossing the hiway. I also see them alot here in my yard. Ive shot several in my yard.

where in AZ do you hail from?
Old 07-05-2006, 03:59 AM

Default RE: Best Place to Hunt Yote? (In AZ)

i live in gilbert but hunt in show low for rabbit and hopefully will start hunting yote with my cousin as soon as i get my truck!!!!!