Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

prairie dog hunting

Old 05-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Spike

Default prairie dog hunting

We are having a very good year for the prairie dog hunters, weather has been pretty good and the little ones are coming out now. I farm/ranch and have dog towns around our place. We were working cattle the other day and could hear hunters at one of the dog towns and about that time we heard a bullet go by. I love to hunt prairie dogs but these guys needed to know what was on the other side of the hill,we went over and talked with them to let them know that we were over the direction the bullet went, they were very nice and didn't realize what had happened and change the direction they were shooting.Safety is a must when hunting.

Old 05-15-2006, 05:11 PM
Banned

Default RE: prairie dog hunting

Yes. a bullet is something you can't take back once fired. My wife Hoyt girl and I aregoing pdoggin sometime in june to SD we hope. Hope the pop is high there too.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:15 PM

I'll be out shooting at some dogtowns over the 4 of July weekend. I wanted to make a trip up to WY but with the cost of gas I dont know. Good shooting to all. Jovan
Old 05-17-2006, 08:14 PM
Spike

Hey the prairie dog hunting is going good out here in SW Kansas. I was checking cattle and I always carry a .22 with me, Ishoot for about 30 minutes and get about 30 dogs in that time. These places are not hunted much because we have cattle there. But if you are going to do any prairie dog hunting now is a great time to get out and blast away.