Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Something different

Old 02-23-2006, 03:26 PM

Default Something different

I don’t know if you blokes have Hares over there but I haven’t heard anyone mention them yet, and seeing as there my just about my favourite food I thought I might ask. I just got a new property to hunt on and it is covered in the buggers, so there now my most targeted species.

Old 02-23-2006, 04:07 PM

Default RE: Something different

Hares, nah, I have jackrabbits and little cottontails. The jackrabbits can be as big as your trophy there, and they make nice destructive holes when the make a new home. So, the bow and rifle take them out, before the tractor tires hit those deep holes.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:16 PM

Default RE: Something different

Hares actually live above ground and have there young in nests usually in a clump of tussock and they have dark red meat as opposed to a rabbit’s white meat. I’m probably going to pop out and pick up another couple this weekend as they never seem to last long in my freezer.