Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Anyone try this?

Old 01-24-2006, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone try this?

Has anyone made their own predator call? If so, how good is it?

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/homemadeecaller.html
Old 01-24-2006, 06:37 PM

Default RE: Anyone try this?

sry windwalker, jus buy one at the local shop
Old 01-25-2006, 04:18 PM

Windwalker7,

Thats an interesting idea, looks like if you have everything but the radio shack stuff your out $25. If you make it be sure to leave some feedback because thats pretty interesting.

Kevin
Old 01-25-2006, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

i built one few months ago it was so easy and sounds pretty good also and all i did was show up 2 radio shack and gave them all the part numbers and put it all twogether and you dont even need a soldering iron they seel theys soldering strips that u can wrap around wire and melt with a lighter alltogehter i spent like 60 bucks
Old 01-25-2006, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I ordered the powerhorn. It will be in in a few days. I want to hook it up to my Cass Creek call. The Cass Creek is not very loud. I even bought the Cass Creek speaker. It is the same loudness as the call. I'm hoping the amplifier will make it louder and that the wire jacks that came with the speaker will work. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Iwant to shoot a few coyotes but don't want to tie up a bunch of money for a new electronic call, at least not yet.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

how does the cass creek call work for you, i was thinking of getting one also
Old 01-27-2006, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got the predator model. It sounds good but is not very loud. I took it out a couple times and it doesn't sound near loud enough. I got the Cass Creek speaker, thinking it would be louder, but its not. I'm still waiting on the power horn that I ordered from Radio Shak. It was supposed to be here a few days ago.

I'mnew to predator hunting. Well, almost new. Years and years ago, my dad and I use to go fox hunting. That's when fur prices were way up. We went hunting on snowy nights calling fox. We only got a coupleback then. Everyone was trapping back then and there weren't as many fox. We used a tape of a rabbit in a tape player hooked up to a loud speaker. All I know is, that it was alot louder than the Cass Creek.

I've been seeing all kind of coyote tracks On the old strip job by my place. I believe they are putting a serious dent in the deer population. I want to eliminate a few and try my hand at sometaxidermy.