Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

training help?- minature beagle

Old 12-11-2005, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default training help?- minature beagle

hey guys i'm new to this forum but anyways i have a couple questions... i love to rabbit hunt but i never used a dog... last week i bought a minature beagle female.. i named her sassy.. she is 3 and a half months old , i went hunting today and let her tag along..and i was wondering a few things..
1st. how old should i let her get to start seriously training
2nd. wat should i do for training i was thinking just taking her on walks and trying to get her to sniff out tracks and maybe shooting a rabbit and letting her play with it or giving her the tail to mess with.
3rd. whats a good feed to use?
4th. ANY POINTERS ABOUT TRAINING THEM

Also her parents are very good hunting dogs and the guy i got her from raises tons of them... So i would think its breed into her pretty hard..
thx for the help guys
Old 12-11-2005, 05:47 PM
Spike

Default RE: training help?- minature beagle

Well to train her I would start by taking her into the bush with you alot and let her sink her teeth into some rabits. as for when to start training the younger the better thats just about all i do it should come pretty natural.