Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Future PCP Shooter W/ ???

Old 12-02-2005, 08:39 PM
Spike

Default Future PCP Shooter W/ ???

After considering what weapon I want to purchase for the spring I have decided to jump off the deep end and invest in a Prechared Pneumatic Pellet Gun. I think...

My primary use for this gun will be to eliminate small varmints both day and night time hours. I will also take it to the target range A L O T! Just to keep accuracy up to par. But varmint hunting to 50 yds is my main focus. I would just by a barrel break pellet gun but I really like the simplicity of filling it once and pulling the trigger until it runs out of air.

1). How loud are these things. I read where some are just as loud as a .22 rim fire. Is this true or false. If true which are the more quiet brands I should stick with?
2). What is the most econmic means in charging these guns up with air? Will a bike pump really do? For you scuba fillers how much does it cost to fill a tank? I found the tanks on ebay as cheap as $70.00 for a cheap used one.
3). If you go with a scuba tank what accessories will I need to fill up the gun?
4). If I go with a bike pump what accessories will I need to fill up the gun?
5). What is the longevity of these rifles? (How many shots can you put through one before starting to become concerned about its performance)?
6). What type of maintenance do these guns require?
7). Which brands will allow me to put the most shots through before having to refill?
8). What is the largest species you have ever killed?
9). What is the longest distance you've ever killed a varmint?
10). What minimum cal should I look to use .17, .22, etc... for varmints largest being a raccoon
11). Are these things safe to shoot up into the trees at crows? (how far will these pellets fly if you miss that stinkin crow?)

Finally, if you can tell me what PCP you are shooting, scope, and other accessories or modifications I would greatly appreciate it.

Old 12-06-2005, 07:16 PM
Spike

Default RE: Future PCP Shooter W/ ???

ttt