Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

New Call

Old 08-11-2005, 02:33 PM

Default New Call

I just bought a predator call Yotepups & squealing rabbits. cost me $9. I was wonder how well they worked. Should i shoot a rabbit and set in the field for bait? kinda new to this only done it a few times and all i did then was pull the trigger -PEACE
Old 08-12-2005, 01:12 PM

Default RE: New Call

Whered u get them from?
Old 08-14-2005, 10:06 AM

i bought it off the internet. BurnhamBrother.com i will get to use it next weekend if its not pouring down rain
Old 08-15-2005, 06:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Check your game laws before bunny baiting that 'yote , believe it of not , it may be illegal to bait them . Here we even have a season for both them and crows , figure that one out ! LOL
Old 08-15-2005, 03:22 PM

here in indiana anything goes on yotes if you own farmland or have permission from the owner. i could us my pickup for a weapon if i wanted. if it was me i would get a stuffed animal and tie it to a stick about a foot of the ground(you can buy these)so it will sway in the wind for a decoy and wail on a destress call. but be carefull a rabbit only dies once so dont make extensively long calling secquences. wait 3-4 minets im between calls. the yote will figute that that bunny has been dying for a long time and will problably not come in.if you have enough acres to hunt only stick aroundfor about 20 minutes then relocate.as for the real bunnie if it dosent move somehow, the yote wont be intrested it is a predator it wants to screw with it before it eats it it may not be interested, but ive never used a real bunnie so i dont know. Good luck
Old 08-15-2005, 03:25 PM

Also if you have written permission from the land owner or if you own the farmland you can hunt them out of season.(in Indiana) but there also is a specified season. consult your home states Hunting laws
Old 08-15-2005, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

but be carefull a rabbit only dies once so dont make extensively long calling secquences. wait 3-4 minets im between calls. the yote will figute that that bunny has been dying for a long time and will problably not come in.
This is false. Lots and lots of guys use electronic calls that they turn on and leave them on until a predator shows up.
After 20 minutes, it is time to move on. If a predator is coming to calling, it will usually show up with in 10 minutes. Sometimes a lot faster and sometimes about the time you're ready to give up and move on.
A dead rabbit on your calling set is not going to help you. If you're going to use a decoy, it needs to have some movement to it. A decoy is not a "must have" for calling. It may help every now and then!
Every mouth call on the market will work if used right. Put some feeling into the sounds. Really make it sound like something is in dire straights. That's all it takes, most of the time, to call in predators!